Expansion of the TRI-DEEP Series Line – GDH Heads
The TRI-DEEP tool assembly includes a front brazed connector called the GDH head.
ISCAR and UNITAC are launching the GDH head as a separate sales item. The main objective is to offer customers who are using brazed gundrills the option to replace the front carbide portion with a GDH head without replacing the whole tool.
This will promote TRI-DEEP products in local markets.
Customers can purchase GDH heads and re-braze the head.
Potential Industries for Deep Drills
- Deep drills with a 3 cutting edged insert (other manufacturers only offer inserts with 1 or 2 cutting edges).
- A highly accurate peripherally ground insert provides high hole diameter accuracy of IT10.
- Produces narrow chips which enable efficient chip evacuation and higher feed rates compared to other drills in the market.
- A wiper on the insert provides extra fine surface finish.
- Direct insert mounting - no adjustment needed to achieve accurate hole diameter.
- Mounts new economical solid carbide or brazed guide pads.
Gundrill Heads Carrying Triangular Inserts with 3 Chip Splitting Cutting Edges and a Wiper for High Hole Surface Quality
• Inserts and guide pads should be ordered separately (they are not included with the tools).
The NPA50 -2020's pdf file: View (PDF)
or Download (ZIP)